Skip to main content

Cymbalta

A few months ago I was considering back surgery for terrible pain I've had for over a year.
See my earlier post about this:
http://johns-spot112948.blogspot.com/2011/04/back-trouble.html


My wife saw a commercial for Cymbalta on TV.  I was sure it would not work.
But I was desperate and willing to try anything.
Now I am completely pain free.

This sounds like a commercial but it was the only thing that worked for me.
I recommend you try this before trying surgery.

Surgery only works for 70% of the cases.
For me it would have been:
3 days in the hospital on IV pain medication.
3 months recovery at home taking more narcotics
Even then I might still be left with some residual pain.
____________

I've found two drawbacks with Cymbalta:
1. Getting used to the side effects which go away after a week.
(Nausea, dry mouth, sleepiness, fatigue, constipation, dizziness, decreased appetite, and increased sweating).
For me it was like a case of food poisoning for three days.  After that I now have more energy and no pain.
It is definitely worth it. 

2. Without insurance it costs about $150 per month.  I pay $60 with my insurance plan.
____________

Here is the company's site:
http://www.cymbalta.com/chroniclowback.jsp

Comments

New Posts from Blogger Friends