Skip to main content

More Tomatoes Than I Expected !


There were almost the same number of tomatoes still on their vines, not ripe yet.  These photos show three of the four types of tomatoes I'm growing.  These came from only one vine each.  Each week or so I get another large harvest.  Sometimes one or two a day.  Other times almost a dozen.

BRANDY WINE


BEEF MASTER


BETTER BOY

My wife Lynette made sauce, cream of tomato soup, thin slices with basil and cheese, etc.
We've had them in salads of course.

I never expected to get so many tomatoes from just four vines!

Comments

  1. That's what I call a bumper crop John. Those tomatoes look really good. I sure they all have a wonderful but different taste to them too. If you can't eat them all in good time, you should think about supplying the local neighbourhood with your fresh produce. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea!
      You know each type of tomato has its own subtle different taste, something like different wines.

      Delete
  2. Your tomato crop is beautiful, John! Do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ryan,
      I like the Better Boy the best. It's sweet and flavorful. The Beef Master is nice and large, good for sandwiches. The Brandy Wine has a very fine skin and good taste. The Early Girl is also good. It produces the most tomatoes but the skin is a little thicker than the others.

      Delete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends