Skip to main content

The Power of Negative Thinking (updated)

Is this Sad or Courageous?

This video has me puzzled.  It's a Greek video I found a while back and I'm sure it loses a lot in the translation.  I was afraid to post it because it makes me sad and I don't want to make anyone sad.


"Positive thinking is a mental attitude in witch you expect good and favorable results. In other words, positive thinking is the process of creating thoughts that create and transform energy into reality. A positive mind waits for happiness, health and a happy ending in any situation."

Many people have the opposite viewpoint.  I think of it as "The Power of Negative Thinking".  
Never expect anything good and you'll never be disappointed.

I like the music and video but the lyrics can be sad or courageous (in a Greek way?) or ironically funny .





Lyrics in the video:



Here's a better translation by Martha of the Plowing Through Life blog.  I don't know why the above lyrics were in the video.
Link:  Plowing Through Life



Comments

  1. I speak Greek, so I had to listen carefully to this song. It seems to be about love lost. It's a beautiful yet sad song about a broken heart.

    I was able to track it down and here is a rough translation of the title and lyrics:


    Song: Damn You
    Lyrics-music: Pantelis Thalassinos

    By God, there are moments,
    when I need you so much
    That seas and oceans,
    come running out of my eyes

    Send a letter, a syllable
    If you still believe in God
    I'm hanging by a thread, waiting for a word from your lips
    And I'm at your mercy

    Damn you, don't you feel sorry for me,
    that I'm burning up and melting
    That you made me love you
    And now I'm withering away

    My thoughts are locked up,
    in the depths of my mind
    Ah, there are so many things that I want to say to you
    but there are no words

    Damn you, don't you feel sorry for me,
    that I'm burning up and melting
    That you made me love you
    And now I'm withering away

    ----------

    I grew up listening to a lot of Greek music because of my parents. Some of the songs can be incredibly beautiful but also melancholic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are much better lyrics than in the video. Thanks for the translation. Now I can appreciate the song. I wonder why someone put in that strange translation on the video. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. It would seem that sadness comes easier than happiness most times in our life...or does it?
    Speaking for myself only, I tend to dwell on what was, what could have been, all that is wrong in life.
    Should I focus more on the here-and-now, what I am still learning, what is yet to be and especially the positive vibes around me...I CAN be happier, more attuned with nature...my healer.
    This is definitely a "food for thought" posting. Thank you, John~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I of course did not understand the lyrics. It was kind of Martha to provide a translation. Before I read them I saw a tragic need for hope in the video. Needless to say I am one of those disgustingly optimistic people. You do need to learn to be alone. If you can enjoy your own company others will also enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends